Formlogic is a well-funded remote-first startup reinventing rapid manufacturing of precision parts. Here you will solve challenging problems that have never been solved before, with the autonomy to use whatever methods you think best.
Formlogic’s intelligent automation uses machine learning and physics simulation to provide close tolerances and rapid turnaround at low production costs.
As a Software Engineer at Formlogic, you will be working with a talented and experienced multi-disciplinary team to bring our technology to market. You’ll have a wide breadth of responsibilities, such as:
- Designing and integrating backends for customer-facing web services
- Expanding our factory management system while retaining robust failure-recovery
- Building pipelines for analytics, calibration, and metrology data
- Integrating various CAD/CAM processing tools into an automated system
The job will grow and change throughout the product life-cycle so it’s essential that you have a self-starting attitude and are quick to learn new skills and adapt as requirements evolve.
- Experience building APIs from scratch using a modern web framework
- Comfortable designing database schemas for complex systems
- Exposure to Docker, cloud providers, and deployment infrastructure
- Solid coding practices including unit testing, code reviews, and CI/CD
- Passion for developing products in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills (critical since we are remote-first)
- Some familiarity with React and basic frontend development
- Experience with a systems language like C, C++, or Rust
- Experience with FEA software or other physics-based simulation
- Experience working with 3D data structures such as point clouds, meshes, or B-rep data
- Experience/interest in applying machine learning to structured and unstructured data