Formlogic is a well-funded remote-first startup reinventing rapid manufacturing of precision parts. Here you will solve challenging problems that have never been solved before, with the autonomy to use whatever methods you think best. Formlogic’s intelligent automation uses machine learning and physics simulation to provide close tolerances and rapid turnaround at low production costs.
We are seeking a Head of Strategic Finance who will be responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. The Head of Strategic Finance is a key role that drives a deep understanding of our financial metrics, supports strategic financial decisions around the direction of the business, works with senior leadership, as well as investors and key external stakeholders.
This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial responsibility to dive impact in a hyper-growth environment at scale. The role is remote and will report directly to the CEO.
- Create and manage operational and strategic modeling efforts on behalf of all departments.
- Work closely with the executive team to maintain data alignment and world-class business partnerships
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and analysis to support business decision-making by owning the FP&A function
- Be a strategic and financial advisor to the executive team and business owners across the company with a specific focus on unit economics, SaaS metrics, and marketplace metrics as well as helping to define key business success metrics
- Build analytical frameworks, forecasts, and dashboards, along with tools, processes, and communication touch-points, to support transparency and smart and quick decision-making across the business
- Work closely with sales, marketing, engineering, and operations to manage both forecasts and budgets on a departmental level.
- Build and manage our investor facing financial model that is used as a basis for our long-term planning and investor communications
- Lead Investor Relations function, helping with the preparation of board of director materials
- Work closely with senior leadership on an ongoing basis to evolve overall strategy and evaluate risks and strategic scenarios, providing knowledge of financials drivers, risks, sensitivities, trade-offs, and opportunities
- 5+ years of FP&A / Strategic Finance experience or experience as an Investment Banker, Investor, or Consultant
- Exceptional analytical and financial modeling skills, successfully applying this skill set to solve problems
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc) and Python/SQL preferred.
- Team player willing to “roll up their sleeves”, self-motivated, proactive, organized, and positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize business needs, adapt to rapid business changes, meet tight deadlines, and communicate effectively