Formlogic is a well-funded remote-first startup reinventing rapid manufacturing of precision parts. Here you will solve challenging problems that have never been solved before, with the autonomy to use whatever methods you think best.
Formlogic’s intelligent automation uses machine learning and physics simulation to provide close tolerances and rapid turnaround at low production costs.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Formlogic, you will be working with a talented and experienced multi-disciplinary team to bring our technology to market. You’ll have a wide breadth of responsibilities, such as:
- Using computer vision to improve fault tolerance in our automated factory
- Training models on our library of CAM programs to streamline various CAM workflows
- Optimizing high-precision CAM algorithms informed by physics and historical metrology
- Designing analytics, calibration, and metrology systems for training data collection
The job will grow and change throughout the product life-cycle so it’s essential that you have a self-starting attitude and are quick to learn new skills and adapt as requirements evolve.
- Fluency in Python; strong knowledge of numpy, scipy, and scikit-learn
- Experience with a deep learning framework like Keras, TensorFlow, or PyTorch
- Experience building complex machining learning pipelines from scratch
- Experience modeling both structured and various forms of unstructured data
- Solid coding practices including unit testing, code reviews, and CI/CD
- Passion for building new products in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Excellent, proactive communication skills (critical since we are remote-first)
- Strong knowledge of a high-performance systems language (e.g., C++, C, or Rust)
- Experience working with 3D data structures such as point clouds, meshes, or B-rep data
- Interest in CAD/CAM
- Work From Anywhere
- Paid Time Off